BEGIN YOUR ENGLISH MAJOR AT BLACK HAWK COLLEGE
The English, Reading & 沟通 部门 offers a variety of courses that will satisfy the first two years of study at many four-year institutions. No matter what your focus area, faculty and advisors work with you to create a transfer plan to the school of your choice.
BHC students transfer into many majors to complete a bachelor’s degree. Here are a few sample transfer plans:
Where do you want to transfer?
If you already have a transfer school in mind, your advisor will customize a transfer plan for that college or university. BHC also has many transfer guides and agreements already established with four-year institutions in a variety of majors.
Transfer Guides and Agreements »
学生 taking courses in the English and Reading 部门 go on to careers in many fields, 比如写作, editing and journalism.
Almost all students need to take an English class while they are at Black Hawk College. The department also offers interesting electives that could be transferable to a four-year school.
教师 serve as advisors for several clubs and honor societies, which offer students opportunities for field trip and campus events.
- Sigma Kappa Delta English Honor Society
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
- BHC Presidential Scholarship: In-district high school seniors in the top 10% of their graduating class at the end of seven semesters are eligible for the Black Hawk College Presidential Scholars 奖.
- Other BHC scholarship opportunities can be found at the BHC scholarships 页面.
- Transfer scholarships are also available at many transfer institutions.
Associate Degree Information